Mindfulness Meditation Course
What is the course about?
The 8-week mindfulness and meditation course aims to enhance your sense of well-being and happiness, through the evidence-based practices of mindfulness, meditation techniques such as Vipassana and compassion.
The main objective of the course is to empower participants with tools that create awareness of thoughts, emotions and situations and help them to navigate the difficult mental stories and emotions that seem overwhelming, all the while providing a framework of living a life of meaning and presence.
What will I learn from this course?
In these 8 weeks you will learn to change your relationship with stress, anxiety and general unhappiness with the help of an experienced psychologist and meditation teacher.
The course is practical, experiential, and approaches mindfulness and meditation both scientifically and spiritually. You will learn how mindfulness positively affects your mind and body with the combined understanding of evolutionary psychology, neuroscience and Indian philosophy and be guided in foundational mindfulness and meditation practices. You will also learn how to create a sustainable meditation practice.
Sadia Saeed is the founder and chief psychologist of Inner Space.
In her 20 years of practice as a clinical psychologist she has extensively worked with various individuals and organizations helping incorporate mindfulness practices in order to aid emotional resilience, personal growth and mental health.
Her expertise is in blending the eastern and western approaches, integrating the study of Buddhist Suttas and yogic practices with neuroscience, evolutionary psychology and principles of somatic healing to present mindfulness in a way that is applicable to challenges of the present day.
Watch a TEDx talk on “Mindfulness of Emotions” by Sadia.
- 17th January to 14th March 2020 (One session a week every Sunday)
- Time: 10.30 am to 12.30 pm IST (GMT 5 am start)
- 22nd January 2020 to 19th March (One session a week every Friday)
- Time: 7.00 pm to 9.00 pm IST (GMT 1.30 pm start)
Members who miss a Sunday session can attend the session on the following Friday and vice versa. Sunday batch will be the leading batch.
If you miss both sessions, the recording of the live session will be available for 2 days from the date of the session.
Why an 8-Week Mindfulness Meditation Course?
Neuroscience research has shown that 8 weeks of mindfulness and meditation practice can change the neurological wiring of the brain in healthy ways.
8 weeks of meditation practice is known to change the structure and function of the brain. A number of studies have been done to test this out. Here is an article by the Harvard Gazette that highlights some of the important studies on the effects of mindfulness and their findings.
- The 8-week Mindfulness Meditation Course has two integral aspects: Self-study/practice and live webinars.
- The self-study/practice aspect includes pre-recorded, easy to consume videos that explain mindfulness concepts. This also consists of guided meditation practice audios to help you with regular practice.
- Weekly mindfulness application practices will be provided to help you apply the learnings to your life.
- Every week a live webinar will be held by the facilitator. This webinar will focus on addressing difficulties and questions around the content that was shared through the videos, reiterating the important concepts and doing a group guided meditation practice together, that would help set the stage for deeper work and new concepts in the following week.
- The entire 8 weeks is created to be an immersive experience and needs about 20-30 minutes a day from you to view the content and to follow the practices.
- The idea is that you not only become conceptually more aware but are able through active practice to experience the actual benefits of being present and aware.
"Sadia (and her team) are a blessing to all of us struggling with inevitable real universal pain of life and fabricated stories around it. The ease with which she unravels the mindfulness course makes a participant feel safe and eventually peels layers of his true self over 8 weeks that literally changes the behaviour and more importantly the approach in thinking. From delusion to reality the journey is through the mind that can understand concepts and the body that can learn only through practice each week, with Sadia as silent catalyst in making this transformation. Her clarity and compassion resonates across age groups and the learnings are universal. From concepts of Buddhism to Advaita (true self) and Sufi (spirituality) to making it relevant and pragmatic this world for us she has changed lives of many including me. I probably need to write a blog to outline details of how beneficial this course is, suffice to say here if you feel lost and find yourself here, you will lose yourself here." - AR
"These 8 weeks have been life altering. Something within has shifted. My knowledge of my self and the world around has expanded. I am more calm and centred and this course has been much more than I expected it to be. Thank you Sadia and team, you really have impacted my life deeply." - RU
"I am so much aware of my body now. The sensations that I feel in different parts of the body. I am also aware of where I feel my stresses and my anxieties. At various times I find myself asking, where am I feeling the feeling I am feeling. Overall as well, I feel I have calmed a little. I am definitely more observant now than I was earlier, the watcher constantly looking inside with a different perspective. I also thank you for the detailed follow up email every week post the session. They were well researched and so important as a follow to what we were practicing during the sessions." - GA
"‘Slow is fast’ made complete experiential sense in these 8 weeks, despite knowing it as information since long . ”Just being ” got even deeper along with compassion for self and others. A different sense of energy and felt empowerment. Shall miss the group energy." - SD